Saturday 3 May 2014

Sweet Stampin' Fairies and Fantasy

Hellooooo, well it's that time again ---- it's Sweet Stampin' time.  

I hope you're all enjoy the beautiful spring weather here in the UK and hopefully in your corner of the world. It's so nice to see some sunshine instead of fog and clouds.  Anyhoo, back to Sweet Stampin' - our theme this week is Fairies and Fantasy.  So here's a little bit of fairy delight - isn't she cute.  I love these fairies from Sugar Nellie they're so sweet - they're available in both digi and in rubber .

 
Here's What I did
I embossed the front of my card base using a mask and used a little pan pastel over the embossed surface.  I find masks really versatile because you ink through them, dry emboss with them or use mixed media to emboss them further. I die cut 2 pastel coloured circle mats and a white circle with the printed little fairy on it. I randomly added pan pastel around the circle to give an ethereal feel with dots using Copic pens (mmm, not sure if I've added one too many of them!). The fairy was coloured with copics and fussy cut out and then gluede onto the circle. To finish off I added glitter and die cut flowers.

Here's everything I used:
Digi Stamp:  'Live Laugh Love' Sugar Nellie stamp available from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Create & Craft Pastel Coloured CS, Craftwork Card Shaped CS
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20, R30 / Hair: YR0000, YR000, YR00, E13, E99 / Dress, Shoes & Flowers - R000, R20, R30, R32, R35 / Wings - G000, G00, G02 
Dies: Tonic Circle & Scallop Circle Layering Dies, Tattered Lace 'Embellishments', Britannia 'Multi Rose'
Other: Glitter, Pan Pastels, Stamp Away Mask

So why not drop by the Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog and check out what my fab Design Team girlies have made to inspire you. So come on why not join in with the fun and enter your card/project into our Fairies and Fantasy challenge we'd love to see you. REMEMBER you must include a stamped element on your card!

This week's sponsor and prize is a £15 voucher from Crafty Devils.

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)
Crafty Catz (Anything But Square)
 
 
Hugs

Janine x

9 comments:

Ali said...

Soooo pretty - love the colours you have chosen xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Fabulous card!

Laura Sterckx said...

This is amazing. The fairy image is so pretty and I LOVE the sparkle on the wings. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning card Janine, the dots gives a perfect background for the pretty fairy.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Warm hugs
Maarit

coops said...

so beautifl janine.fabulous pretty colours and image and i love your design :D

xx coops xx

Sandra H said...

What an adorable image your card is gorgeous as always xx

PaperDaisies said...

Love your awesome colouring. Such a pretty card. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful - I can't decide what I love more: the colors, image, those flowers...? Wonderful work!

Juls said...

Just utterly beautiful!! Hugs Juls