Sunday 9 June 2019

Craft Consortium - Herbarium #2

Hello my friends 💜

I have another Craft Consortium project to share with you, and again I'm using the beautiful Herbarium collection. For today's project I decided to create a pop-up box using the paper pad and the gorgeous non-shed glitter sheets from Craft Consortium. The papers are beautiful and thick, and some have a glossy accents look about them. The theme of the pad is herbs, so there's plenty of greenery and jars etc, it would be excellent to make a card or project for the gardener, naturalist or herbalist in the family. The Herbarium collection also includes stamps and metal embellishments. I hope you like it.

If you would like to make a pop-up box I do have free to use instructions on my 'Tutorial' page, or use the link below.

All the links to the specific Craft Consortium products can be found below, and the link to the general store is here.




Here's What I Did
I used an A4 sheet of black card to create the box and struts.

To help you make a box I have designed a few templates using different measurements types for you - click the link here to go to my Box Card Templates.  The instructions are a bit lengthy...sorry, but they do have illustrations. You can open, download and/or save it.

Before the box was assembled I trimmed down a piece of the patterned paper from the pad to make the panels for the back, sides and flaps, these were then glued into place. Using another sheet of the patterned paper I die cut 3 pictures of  herbs into rounded oblongs and mounted them onto black card and added to the flaps. When the box was assembled I die cut pretty borders from pale green card and glued them to each of the struts to give interest.

Butterflies were die cut from a piece of complimentary paper and green glitter card, these were attached to strips of acetate using red liner tape and then onto the struts inside the box at heights. The watering can images inside the paper pad's front cover were fussy cut out and also added to the box.

To finish off I punched out 3 mini butterflies from green glitter card and added them to each of the panels.

FYI, if you want to make the box height and/flaps slightly larger or smaller just increase or decease the measurements I've given you. Any questions just email me...have fun!

I used
Paper Pad: Craft Consortium - 12" x 12" 'Herbarium' Paper Pad Collection
Card: Always & Forever - Forest Green Non-Shed Glitter Card

Other:
Black Card, Double Sided Tape, Glue, Green Textured Card, Tattered Lace 'Autumn Border', Diamond Press 'Fashion' and 'Enjoy The Ride' Dies, Mini Butterfly Punch, Acetate, Red Liner Tape

If you purchase any Craft Consortium products could I politely ask that you give feedback on their facebook page or website and let them know what you think.  Please support our craft suppliers especially. Thank you. xxx

Why not follow us on Facebook - Craft Consortium Network Craft Consortium Ltd or our our Instagram page. We'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back in the next day or so with  more Craft Consortium samples.....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Emma Goddard said...

Love this Janine, what a fabulous make, brilliant xx