Sunday 1 April 2018

Whimsy Stamps - April Releases #1

Afternoon peeps 💜

I can't believe how quickly 2018 is flying by, and today is April 1st.  O...M...G have I been asleep and missed January, February and March. Lol

Anyhoo, back to business --- today is the first day of Whimsy Stamps new digital stamp releases. There are also new clear stamps, stencils and dies, and they're all fabulous, you lucky bunch. So today I'm sharing one of the new digital paper collections called 'Floral Grass' and one of the new sentiment sets called 'Family Forever'.

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.




Here's What I Did
Note --- I have now started to use Powerpoint (a software programme that comes with Microsoft Office) as my chosen software for my digital papers and elements, it's really easy to use and super quick. As a qualified I.T. tutor if you need any help using this software please let me know and I will help the best I can.

I inserted my digital paper into PowerPoint and added my sentiment over the top, resizing it accordingly and printed it out.  I die cut a doily edged square and die cut a circle into the centre, and white funky foam was glued onto the back. The frame and paper was glued onto the card base so that sentiment could be seen in the bottom left of the aperture. 

Using the Family Forever sentiment set I cropped it so that I could just use the tree. After resizing the tree I fussy cut it out leaving a white border around it. Gold glitter pen was used to colour the leaves, then when die it was added to the front of the card using more funky foam to raise it up inside the circle.

To complete the card a 3 gold glitter enamel dots were added to the top right corner.

Here's What I Used
Digital Sentiment Stamps: 'Family Forever'
Digital Papers: 'Floral Grass' Paper Collection

Other: 6" x 6" Card Blank, Strong White Card, Super Smooth Paper, PowerPoint; Printer, White Funky Foam Pads, Gold Glitter Pen (Sakura), Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, Doily Edged Square Die (Tattered lace), Double Stitched Circle (Crealies)

Our new challenge (#104) started on the 15th March, so why not come and join us. There a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is #Anything Goes'. Here is the link for you, so come on what are you waiting for!

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back on Monday 3rd April with more new release digi stamps....so see you then. Byeeeee!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

No comments: