Saturday 26 March 2016

Stamping Bella - Sally and Her Snail

Hi everyone

As I don't have a Design Team card to share with you today, I thought I would share instead a card I made using one of my favourite Stamping Bella stamps. I used Aqua markers to colour with and with glitter pen over the top of the snail shell and flowers.

I love adding yellow and lilac together as they really work together well. I decided to make quite a CAS card and kept the embellishment simple.




 
Here's What I Did
Firstly I matted my 7" x 7" card base with a piece of pretty patterned paper and another strip across it.

Next I printed my image directly onto my watercolour card stock and coloured it with watercolour Aqua markers, to add a little extra definition I used pencils in a few places.  The finish image was die cut into a square and matted onto a larger die cut square and added to the card base using foam tape.

To finish off I added pearls, a die cut flower and leaves, plus glitter pen to the flowers and the snail shells.

Here's What I Used
Stamp: Stamping Bella 'Tiny Townie - Sally & Her Snail'
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Watercolour CS, LOTV 'Promises' Paper Pad, 7" x 7" Scalloped Card Base, Purple, Green and Lemon CS
Aqua Pens: Face/Skin - Peach, Topaz, Desert, Blossom / Hair - Yellow, Sunflower, Boulder, Chestnut/ Background - Aquamarine / Outfit, Shoes, Butterfly & Flowers - Purple, Red Violet, Orchid, Aquamarine, Sunflower / Tights - Aquamarine, Teal / Snail Shell - Sunflower, Gold / Snail Body - Bud Green, Fawn / Grass & Leaves - Bud Green, Moss
Dies: Crealies 'XXL Stitched Square', Tattered Lace 'Pearl Squares', MFT Die-namic - Blueprint '14'
Other: Foam Tape, Bakers Twine, Wink Of Stella 'Clear Glitter' Pen, Pearls

Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Call back soon :)

Challenge Entered:
Spectrum Noir (Facebook Challenge-March) - Sparkle

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

4 comments:

Tracey T said...

Lovely bright spring colours, Janine - perfect to lift the spirits on a grey, wet, windy day like today. Happy Easter! xx

Ali said...

I love this image beautifully coloured as always and a lovely lay out too xxx Happy Easter xxx

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous Janine.... that lilac and yellow do go so well together - and I love your card design too - the flowre and leaves finish it off beautifully!

Hugs
Christine x

Christine L said...

Sorry, that was me above in the 'unknown' comment Janine.... blogger is having one of those days!

x