Wednesday 16 September 2015

Sugar Nellie - Santa Door Hanger

- Hello Sugar Fans -
Good morning everyone, well it's definitely getting cooler and the weather is swiftly moving into autumn. I love autumn, but I don't like the darker evenings. At least I will be having a little breather from the cold, as I'm off on my late summer holiday very shortly...and it's somewhere nice and warm :)
Anyhoo, it's Wednesday and my turn to share a fabulous Sugar Nellie project with you.  This week I thought I would make something festive, so here is a Christmas door hanger, I know, I know I said the 'C' word again...sorry!  For the hanger I've used the sweet digi stamp 'Little Helpers' from Funkykits
 
 
  

Here's What I Did
Firstly I printed the digital image and my message 'Santa Please Stop Here' directly onto some colouring card stock, and then cut it into a rectangle measuring 4" x 10".  I coloured the image with Copic pens and matted it onto gold holographic card and then onto red card. Next I die cut a circle in the centre top.

I die cut 2 scalloped frames by using a scallop and plain circle die. These were then glued into place on the front and back of hanger around the hole - this was done to reinforce the aperture.

To finish off I added die cut white mini snowflakes, glittered up Santa's fur trim and added a ribbon bow.

Footnote --- Please beware that if you try to die cut the circle at the top through the 3 layers of card like I did. I had a terrible job cutting though everything, and it took approx 6 attempts and it still didn't cut though properly, plus it made awful crease marks on the hangers. So next time I will definitely die cut a circle on each layer separately, and then assemble.
Here's What I Used
Digi Stamp: 'Little Helpers' from Sugar Nellie at Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Red CS, Holographic Gold CS, Neenah CS
Copics: Skin: E000, E00, R20 / Beard -  W0, W1, W2, W5 / Santa Suit, Gloves & Red Presents - R000, R14, R27, R20, R30, R32, R59 / Snow - BG10 / Sky - B0000, 0 / Boots & Belt - C0, C1, C23, C3, C5, C7 / Sack - / Rabbits & Sack - E00, E31, E33, E35, E37, R20, R32 / Green Presents & Scarfs - YG01, YG03, YG17 / Yellow presents & Stars - Y000, Y02, Y08, Y38 / Sack - E00, E31, E33, E35, E37 / Candy Cane - R30, R32, R59, C2
Dies: Lawn Fawn 'Mini Snowflakes', Spellbinders 'Circle and Scalloped Circle'
Other: Glitter, Ribbon

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

DON'T FORGET WE ARE HAVING A DESIGN TEAM CALL OUT - so if you're interested, grab your Sugar Nellie stamp and add your entry on the Sugar Nellie blog HERE
I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:
Trimmies Craft Challenge - #328 Christmas
Graph It Challenge - #37 Christmas Colours
Ribbon Girl Challenge - Anything Goes with an image
 
Hugs & kisses
x Janine x

8 comments:

Ali said...

Too cute!! Fab colouring xxx

Sue said...

Janine, this is just perfect in every way. Your colouring is exquisite and I love the design you have created for the door hanger - a perfect Christmas creation...
Sue...xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

this is a gorgeous Door Hanger, gorgeous colours. thank you for sharing with us at craft challenge Marlene DT

Christine L said...

Well as you know from FB - I absolutely adore this card.... the image is FABULOUS and your red colouring and blending...... perfection!

Big hugs
Christine x

MagsB said...

Janine, this is fabulous! I saw it on the SN Fb page and 'liked' it there, too! What a cute image, and your colouring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

Kat W said...

Thunk! That was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor after I saw your stupendous colouring on this awesome door hanger; it's so detailed and has such beautiful depth of shading :-)

And from Christmas to sunshine...have a wonderful time away!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love, love, LOVE this gorgeous door hanger Janine. I love this Sugar Nellie image and what an inspired idea to create a 'welcome Santa' door hanger. Love it! Hugs, Wends x (Utterly fabulous colouring BTW)

Scrappy Scatty said...

such a lovely hanger thank you for joining us at Graph'It colouring challenge xx