Saturday 2 August 2014

Furry Friends Blog Hop - Sugar Nellie

Whoo hoo it's Sugar Nellie's blog hop day!!!

Hello, well here it is the official launch of Furry Friends from Sugar Nellie and our blog hop day. So come on and check out my fab Design Team buddies who are showcasing some of our brilliant new stamps. If you feel inspired why not grab them now, they're all available as digital stamps - so you can get your hands on them instantly. There's special launch price which is only available this weekend.
 
To onto our hop!

You should have hopped HERE from the lovely Fiona's blog.

Here's my 'Furry Friends' hop card - I hope you like it and it inspires you to buy this cute little fella.




Here's What I Did
I've used Furry Friends 'High Flyer'. Does he look a little familiar! Yep, I used him to create the Blog Hop banner on our Facebook page and on the Sugar Nellie's blog.  He's such a dream to colour in and sooo cute!

On my card I wanted to give him a little extra dimension so I printed him out a few times onto Neenah cardstock, and coloured different sections in, these sections were then fussy cut out (this is my favourite thing to do!). The sections were then layered up using foam tape to form the final picture.  The same image was printed directly onto pale blue card, then the cat, plane, clouds and banner was glued directly onto this. To finish off my card I added hand cut hills and trees, plus a few punched out flowers. Everything was then matted and layered onto coordinating cardstock.

Here's What I Used
Stamp: Furry Friends 'High Flyer' available from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): First Edition 'Spring Drops', Papermania Coloured CS, Neenah CS
Copic Pens: Various (Sorry I've lost my notebook with all the colours written in - when I find it I'll add the pen colours) 
Other: Punch, Glossy Accents, Fineliner Pen, CraftArtist2, White Pen, Silver Pen
 
Before You Hop Away
If you decided to purchase 'High Flyer' the banner is empty, this is so you can add your own text either digitally or by stamping inside it. I personally added my text inside the banner using CraftArtist 2, and I have written up an instructional sheet for you - this can be downloaded and/or printed out. You can find it on my Tutorials, Tips & Hints page (the link is at the top). Text can be inserted into or onto digital images using MS Word, so if you would instructions on how to do this let me know in your comments. 

Furry Friends Competition
There's a fabulous competition starting tomorrow (Sunday).  You need to purchase a 'Furry Friends' image, coloured it and make up your card then post it on your blog along with our competition banner.  Full details are given on the Competition page (the link is at top of the Sugar Nellie Blog). There's a fabulous prize on offer - a Copic colouring class with Kit & Clowder.  Plus there's a Guest Designer spot up for grabs. So come on what are you waiting for ---- get entering!

Your Next Hop
Next you need to hop to the gorgeous Christine's blog.

So good luck everyone and I hope you love our new stamps. 

Have fun in our blog hop.

Hugs

Janine x
 

24 comments:

Erin said...

I adore this its perfect for a little man how cute

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Janine love the cute image
Hugs Dianne xx :)

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

A stunning card. truly inspirational. Thank you for sharing.
hugs Julie

mixamatoasties said...

Love it.

Susan xx

Squirrel x said...

Awesome work hun! Such a stunning design, love this loads. Hugs xx

marion said...

Owwww pure sweetness, love it, hugs, Marion

Fiona said...

wow Janine, your card is amazing...you are so clever!!

Fi
x

Susie said...

Fab and my favourite so far! Susie x

Sue said...

Awwww such an adorable image, I love how you have layered it up and added the sentiment to the banner.
Sue xx

The Craft Bucket said...

Just gorgeous, love it. Off hopping, Jane x

riliska said...

Janine I love, love, LOVE everything! Fantastic colors. :)

Debra K. said...

Inspired card! Love the scene you've created. The banner is great that you can put on your own sentiment. Fabulous colouring. Debra x

nnalorac said...

Super cute card Janine, so love this high flyer . Carolxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous card and a super image. He could be used for all sorts of cards. I think this one is going in my basket.
Lorraine

Sarah said...

I love this cheery card and the wonderful paper scene!! What an adorable image!!

Sandra H said...

So Beautiful x

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card, love the cute image.
Helena x

Sandra said...

I love him and what you've done with him xxx

Christine L said...

Lovely to see the banner actually on a fabulous card Janine.. you've made a wonderful job of this.. your colouring is fab and I love how he's flying over the hills!

Hugs
Christine x

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

love your card....super cute...

Annette said...

Gorgeous image, I love him in his plane! Fab colouring too.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

You are so clever with your techy innovations Janine! Love this! Gorgeous card design and very clever with the sign. Fab job hun. Hugs, Wends x

coops said...

so stunning Janine.your scene looks fabulous and I love the gorgeous image ;D

xx coops xx