Thursday 3 April 2014

Sugar Nellie Design Team Card - April

Big News: I'm now part of the Sugar Nellie Design Team as well as being as being a Sweetie for the Sugar Bowl Challenges.  I'm sharing my new role with another sweetie Pami - so we'll be creating a card/project on alternative weeks.  So watch this space!

To create this card I cut down an cream 8" x 8" card base to 7" x 7". The little fairy was printed directly onto the glittered background card, then printed a further 4 times onto white Neenah CS, then coloured, cut out and layered up.

 


Here's What I Did
Using Serif's Craft Artist2 software I created 2 squares placing one inside the other - the outer one measuring 6" x 6" square and the other measuring 5.5" x 5.5". This was done to make sure I took into account the glittered border on the paper. I then inserted my digi stamp into the centre square and resized it accordingly and added my curved text above her. To ensure I had everything placed correctly and in the right size I printed onto copier paper first, this also let me know which direct it would come out of the printer. The print out was then checked against my glittered card stock to ensure my image would fit correctly. When I was happy, I taped my glittered card stock onto another piece of plain copier paper in exactly the same place and orientation as shown on my tester sheet using Scotch Repositionable (removable) tape. I then placed it in the printer and printed it out and voila - my image and text was printed exactly in the centre of my glittered CS. 

I then printed the image onto Neenah cardstock a further 4 times and coloured her in with my Copics.  The whole fairy was cut out first, and cut out again but minus some elements, then just her wings which were cut out and glittered. I coloured the mushrooms with Copics directly onto the cardstock to give a rustic feel. Then I added the green CS and glittered CS to my card base; the first fairy layer was glued directly onto the mushroom, and the other layers were raised up using foam pads. To finish off my scene I added a little gem to her hair, gave certain areas a little highlight with a white gel pen and placed some punched out butterflies around the image.

Here's what I used:
Digital Stamp: Dreams & Wishes from Funkykits.  Digital stamps also available from Etsy
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Santoro 'Mirabelle' 6 x 6 Paper Pad, Cream Card Base, Green CS
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E13, E99 / Dress, Flowers & Shoes - R000, R00, R20, R22 / Mushrooms- W-0,W-1,W-2, W-3,W-5, W-7 / Grass & Leaves - YG06, YG09, YG63,YG67
Other: Serif CraftArtist 2, White Gel Pen, Glitter, Mini Butterfly Punch

Let Us know
I'm keen to know if there's anything you'd like to learn or know how to do eg how to emboss, use shrink plastic, make a tag etc. Or is there anything you'd like to see included on the Sugar Nellie blog. If so let me know - either leave me a comment or email me.

I hope you like my first creation as an official Sugar Nellie DT member. Why not join us over at the Sugar Bowl challenge (114) for this month - but remember to use a Sugar Nellie stamp.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Hugs
x Janine x

14 comments:

Ali said...

WOW!!! That is gorgeous - can I see it in real life on Saturday??? :-) Congrats on your new dt position you deservc it your works are fab!!! Big Hugs xxx

Karen said...

Hi Janine, I am new to your blog - I came here from the Sugar Nellie blog. Your card today is gorgeous - so pretty, and your colouring is amazing! I hope to come back and visit again when I have my new laptop set up (it can't cope with the internet, it's old and worn out like it's owner!?!) and have a good look at your creations. Karen x

Christine L said...

This card is so beautiful Janine.. I love your superb layout and colouring in such a different way!

I think I'm also sharing this role.. but am trying to check how often it is.. I did one this week.

Oooh and I made a box card thanks to your instructions... pop over to my blog and see what it looks like... as it's my first, I'm not too happy with it, but I'll do it again. I did give you a name check too..

Big hugs
Christine x

Tracey T said...

Many congrats on joining the Sugar Nellie team! Love your card - I wouldn't have thought of printing directly onto the DP but the effect of the decoupaged image is just fab. Hugs, Tracey x

Dotty Jo said...

A jawdroppingly fabulous card Janine - I'm totally blown away by it! Jo x

Sharon said...

Hi Janine, congratulations! Your card is beautiful! hugs Sharon

Joey said...

Janine this is stunning, beautifully coloured. Joey x

Tindaloo said...

absolutely gorgeous card and lovely colored image :)

coops said...

wow so beautiful janine.really fabulous design and colouring and i love the sweet image.
huge congrats on your DT news too :D

xx coops xx

Gail said...

Oh Janine, what wonderful news to make the Sugar Nellie team! Congratulations and this DT is so lucky to have you!! Your card is beautiful..this little fairy is sweet as can be and your coloring makes her gorgeous. Congratulations again my friend, and I'm so happy for you! Hugs, Gail

Juls said...

congrats!!! thrilled for you .... and I utterly love this!! I love using Digi stamps with Craft Artist!! Your results are just stunning!! Hugs Juls

Sassy Cheryl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is a stunning card. Super gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday fun!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love, love, LOVE this card Janine! So much artistry in this. Love the image and it's my favourite card she's appeared on! You've coloured her perfectly!! Hugs, Wends x

Unknown said...

Plain beauty...