Sunday 1 January 2023

Lili Of The Valley - Sweet Bears

 Happy New Year Everyone

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year. Mine was a quiet one with my hubbie, but it was very relaxing with a little crafting in the mix. Here's to a healthy, happy and fulfilling 2023. I have plans this year to be more creative and do thing for 'me', I'm planning to get back into drawing, painting and sewing which I really miss, as well my usual crafting. I hope you have some plans to spend more 'me' time too. 

Anyhow, onto today's post. Today I'm sharing the first of my Lili Of The Valley cards using one of the new polymer stamps which launch in their etsy store today (1/1/23). The new collections include The new sets include 'Sweet Bears', 'Bear Hug Tags', 'Cupid Tags', 'Love Sentiment Tags', 'Heart Mini Image Icon Tags', 'Mason Jars', 'Love Definitions' and 'Love Gnomes'. You're going to love them, they're are really cute. They could be used for birthday, anniversary, Valentines or simply to say 'I love you'. For my card today I used one of the 'Sweet Bear' and the balloons stamps in the set and teamed it with an old sentiment stamp. I thought he looked like he could be floating so I made a cloud scene. I hope you like it. 
 
For your information, here is the link to the LOTV Etsy Store to check out all the stampsand the LOTV online store to check out the rest of their goodies.



Here's What I Did & Used
I covered the front of a 5" x 7" top fold card with a piece of thin blue card. The sweet little bear and the balloons were stamped out, coloured with Copic pens, and then fussy cut out. 

To create the background - a piece of blue patterned paper was inked up with 2 blue distress inks to create a cloudy sky, then die cut into a rectangle. A sentiment was printed onto a piece of white card and die cut into a rectangle (same die as before). The sentiment end was die cut again using a cloud border die. The opposite end of the rectangle was also cut with the cloud border die but this time slightly larger. Both clouds were layered up at the bottom of the blue sky paper along with 2 smaller clouds cut from white card - the over hangs were then trimmed off.  

The completed scene was attached to a white scalloped rectangle frame and mounted flat onto the card front. The balloons and cut out bear were attached with Bakers Twine and glued to the card front floating in the clouds. To finish the card, I added a glitter to the white hearts and a few gems etc near the sentiment. 

Polymer Stamp Set:  
Polymer Stamp Set - Sweet Bear
Digital Sentiment - Spring Mix 32 Sentiments 

Copic Pens: Bear - E31, E33, E34, E35, R22 / Scarf - R14, R17, R27 / Coat - B06, B12, B14, B18 / Envelop - R17, R20, R22 / Hearts - R14, R17

Other: 5” x 7” White Card Blank, Make It Colour Card, White & Blue Card, 'Bloom & Wild' Paper Pad (Craft Consortium), Puffy Cloud Border Die Set (Lawn Fawn), Stitched Scalloped Layered Rectangle Die Set (Creative Expressions), Cloud Die (Joy! Crafts), Tumbled Glass & Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, Bakers Twine, White Pen, Pearls, Gems, Double Sided Tape, Black Ink, Glue

If you wish to ask a question about any of my cards please leave me a message in the comment with your email address, otherwise I cannot contact you. Alternatively email me at jsnine.quinn@gmail.com

Or why not join us on social media at  'We Love Lili Of the Valley' Facebook Group run by the Design Team, the official Lili Of The Valley Facebook page and on Instagram.  We'd loved to see you.

Please Note - I am part of the Lili Of The Valley's Design Team and I receive their lovely digi images to play with and share with you; I do not receive any monetary reimbursement for my samples, advertisements or my participation. I do, what I do for fun and relaxation. Thank you. x

Thank you so much for dropping by, and please don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back soon with more sneaky peeks of the fabulous new LOTV Love stamps. TTFN

Hugs

x Janine x

No comments: