Today I'm sharing the last of my March Craftulove Design Team cards with you for March plus a tutorial. This week I've again used the Pinkfresh Studios stamp set and Julie Hickey sentiment stamp set but combined them with white embossing powder to create a resist and some distress oxide inks. The final effect was really pretty as the flowers also look distressed. I hope you like my tutorial and card. If you would like me to create a tutorial covering another crafty technique why not let me know in the comments. x
All the links to the specific Craftuslove products can be found below, and the link to the general store is here.
Here's What I Did
1. From a sheet of black A4 card create a 5¼” x 5¼” card blank.
2. Trim down a piece of white card to 5½” x 5½”. Using a stamping press arrange a few of the stamps and leaves on the card so they lay on and off the card. Close the lid to pick up the stamps.
3. Dust the white card with an anti-static bag to help eliminate residue from finger prints and grease. Apply versamark ink to the stamps, close the lid and stamp them onto the white card. Sprinkle white embossing powder over the top. Carefully remove any stray particles using a fine paint brush.
4. Melt the embossing powder using a heat tool.
5. Using the stamping tool again turn the card 90° and repeat steps 3-6. Continue to stamp the flowers and heat emboss until all the areas are filled.
Tip – If the card is very warped, place it under a pile of book or run it through a die cutting machine to flatten it.
6. Apply 3 different distress oxides to the card using an applicator.
Tip – When you apply the ink use a piece of card to rest your hand on, this will protect your work from fingerprints.
(a) Apply the first colour (Wild Honey) to the bottom of the card.
(b) Add the 2nd colour (Worn Lipstick) next to the first and blend where they meet.
(c) Add the 3rd colour (Candied Apple) at the top and blend this with the 2nd colour.
Repeat the application of the inks blending where each colour meets until you are happy with the result.
7. When the ink is dry wipe the surface over with a soft cloth or a paper towel to remove the ink from the embossing flowers and leaves.
Tip - If the ink is stubborn, slightly dampen the cloth first or use a damp baby wipe.
8. Spritz and flick water over the surface of the card, and dry off the excess with a paper towel.
9. Attach the panel to the front of the card blank leaving a slim border around the edge.
10. Stamp the sentiment on black card using versamark ink. Sprinkle white embossing powder over the top and heat emboss it.
11. Trim down the sentiment to create a banner and cut off the end at an angle. Add this to card front using foam pads.
12. To complete the card add 3 gems to the sentiment banner.
Stamp Set: Embroidered Blossoms by Pinkfresh Studio
Stamp Set: I Need It - Family Sentiments by Julie Hickey
Distress Oxides: Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Candied Apple
Should you purchase any of the above products, please select 'Design Team' in the 'where have you seen us' drop down so we know we have inspired you! Thank you x
My Own Stash:
5¼” x 5¼” Black Card Blank, Black Card, Sheena Douglas Stamping Card, Stamping Press,
Versamark Ink, Water Spritzer, Anti-static Bag, White Embossing Powder, Double Sided Tape, Foam Pads, Gems
Why not, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or on our YouTube Channel we'd loved to see you.
Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) I'll be back next month with more Craftsulove cards and a tutorial. TTFN!
x Janine x