Friday 3 August 2018

Whimsy Stamps - August New release #2

Hi everyone 💜

It's another Whimsy new release day.  So for today's new digital image I'm sharing 'King Lion' by the lovely Crissy Armstrong.  Don't you just think he is the cutest lion ever....I just want to hug him. As you can tell I've been practicing my flicking technique. :)

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.




Here's What I Did
First I stamped a sheet of Kraft card with black paw prints, then used it to mat a 6" x 6" scalloped card blank leaving a slim border around the edge.  Using my graphics software (I used MS PowerPoint) I imported my digital stamp and resized it, then printed it directly onto colouring card, coloured using Copic pens and fussy cut out.

A piece of white card was die cut using a rounded rectangle and matted onto a slightly larger rectangle cut from black card.  The word 'Roar' was die cut from black card and funky foam, the foam was glued to the back of the letters and added to the topper. The cut out lion was added just above the letters using foam pads and the finished topper was added to the card front using foam pads.

To the complete the card, glitter was added to the jewels in the crown and yellow enamel dots added to the top left edge.

Here's What I Used
New Release Digital Stamp: 'King Lion'

Other: 6" x 6" Scalloped White Card Blank, Black Card, Kraft Card, Copic Pens, Rounded Corner Rectangle Die (Tattered Lace), Neenah Colouring Card, White Card, Enamel Dots, Glitter, Foam Pads, PowerPoint; Printer, Funky Foam,  Paw Print Stamp (from my stash)

Copics:
Fur - E31, E33, E35, E37 / Nose - C7, 100 / Crown - Y06, Y15, Y17, G03, YG17, R17, R29

Our new challenge #108 started on the 15th July, so why not come and join us. There a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is #Anything Goes'. Here is the link for you, so come on what are you waiting for!

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back on Thursday 3rd May with another new digi stamp from the release....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This guy is delish! I so just want to cuddle his gorgeous mane! Your colouring is incredible hun, I would so love to sit and watch you in action! The texture and detail in that fur is fantastic! Utterly stunning creation hun. I love the paper you created with the paw prints and that fab 'ROAR' sentiment too. Brilliantly done!! Hugs, Wends xoxo