Sunday 22 July 2018

Whimsy Inspiration - July Week 4

Hi everyone 💜

Today I'd love to share my latest card. It's a new release rubber stamp for July, and is available in the Whimsy Store.

The stamp is called 'Faye The Fairy' and it's by a fabulous artist called Marina Fedotova. Isn't she simply beautiful.  I coloured her using my Copic pens but kept to the same tones to give a monochromatic look. To finish I add a little sparkle to her wings. I hope you like it. x

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.


Here's What I Did
First I trimmed a piece of light brown card to fit the card front, then cover it with pretty patterned paper leaving a slim border around the sides.

I stamped and coloured the fairy with Copic pens but I used shades from the same family for a monochromatic look. The finished image was die cut into a circle, and ink was applied to the edges. Crystal glitter was added to the fairy wings, flowers and butterflies and then attached to a die cut circle cut from the same light brown card.

The topper was fixed to the card front using foam pads, and to complete the card I added a few gems to the front.

Here's What I Used 
Rubber Stamp: Faye the Fairy

Other: 6" x 6" White Card Blank, Light Brown Card, Neenah Card, Copic Pens, Pearl Circle Dies(Tattered Lace), Double Dots Circle Die (Crealies), Warm Cocoa Colour Cloud (Cosmic Shimmer),Paper (my own stash), Gem, Crystal Glitter, Foam pads

Copics: Skin - E50, E51, E21, E11 / Hair- YR000, YR00, E13, E99, E37 / Dress, Shoes, Flowers, Butterflies - E40, E41, E43

Our new challenge #108 started on the 15th July, so why not come and join us. There a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is #Anything Goes'. Here is the link for you, so come on what are you waiting for!

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) 

I'll see you next week with more Whimsy magic ----- TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card l love the image and your colouring is stunning x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Swoon, these fairies, they truly are my favourites! I LOVE what you did with this gorgeous image. Your soft colouring and fabulous CAS desing, really sets her centre stage. Love the soft hues with the kraft accents too. An utterly stunning piece hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo