Friday 15 June 2018

Whimsy Inspiration Wk 3 and Challenge Post

Hi everyone 💜

Morning, well it's the start of a new Whimsy Stamps Challenge #107, and the theme as always is 'Anything Goes', so it's really easy. So come on, grab your Whimsy stamp, dies or papers and get joining. We'd so love to see your creations and all the girls will pop by and say hi...plus you there's the opportunity to win a $15 certificate to spend in store. As of next month I will be the new Whimsy Challenge Blog co-ordinator - how exciting is that. I've never done anything like it before, but in my professional life I used to work as a Secretary and as an Office Administrator, so hopefully those skills will help make me super organised. Well hopefully :p

Click here to upload your project, and check out my lovely teamies work to inspire you.

Haven't got a Whimsy image......no problems. Whimsy have a few freebie images and papers that you can download and play with, here's the link to the digital freebie page. So what are you waiting for? 

Anyhow, I've combined my Challenge card with my weekly Whimsy Inspiration card with you, so it's a joint post. :)  All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.


 
 

Here's What I Did
I covered the front and base of a pre-scored easel card with black and white striped paper to reflect the gorgeous zebra by Crissy Armstrong.  Next I re-sized the image then printed it onto colouring card and die cut it into a circle. I printed the zebra, bird and flower again on to scrap paper and cut them out, I used this to create a mask. Using the mask I covered all the main features and added the cloud using ink and a cloud template (my favourite thing to do). When the sky was dry I coloured the image with Copic pens and added it to a die cut black circle which was then glued on the front of the easel card.

The word 'hello' was printed onto white card and die cut with a label die, this was matted onto a slightly larger label cut from black card - this was used as the easel card stopper.

To echo the red flower in the image, red die cut flowers with gems in the centre were added to the card base  To finish the card glitter was added to the flower centre.

Here's What I Used
Digital Stamps: 'Spring Zebra'
Digital Sentiment: 'Say It Big'

Other:  Pre-Scored Easel Card Blank, Copics, Black Card, White Card, Red Card, Neenah, Monochrome Paper Pad (Hunkydory), PowerPoint; Printer, Pearl Circle Dies (Tattered Lace), XXL Stitched Circle Die (Crealies), Camellia - Complete Petals (Creative Expressions), Gem, Label Dies (The Works), Mini Butterfly Punch, Colour Cloud Ink - Summer Sky (Cosmic Shimmer), Mini Cloud Stencil (MFT), Crystal Glitter

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back in a day or two with more crafty inspiration for you.  Byeeeee!
Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this enchanting creation Janine. That image is so gorgeous and I LOVE how you've coloured this cutie. Your clouds are so dreamy and finish that scene so perfectly. Love it! Also utterly love the paper you paired this image with, how perfect is that?!! The lil' spray of red blooms is the perfect finish on that lovely easel design too. So gorgeous hun! Hugs, Wends xoxo