Thursday 28 June 2018

Whimsy Inspiration - June Week 5

Afternoon everyone 💜

Today I'm sharing an absolutely gorgeous rubber stamp called 'Mazarine  Butterfly Fairy'. The stamp is deeply etched rubber mounted on cling cushion foam, and it's available from the Whimsy Store.

I coloured this cutie using my Copic pens and kept the palette to 2 colours - lilac and aqua to tie in with the pretty patterned paper from my own stash. I hope you like it. x

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.


 
Here's What I Did
First I trimmed a piece of pretty patterned paper to fit my 6" x 6" scalloped card blank, but before sticking it to my card I added a piece of vellum 6½" x 4" to the card front. To attach the vellum I scored ¼" at both end and folded it over the patterned paper and secured it. The paper was then added to the card front. To ensure the vellum would lay flat again the card front I added a few dots of glue underneath where I knew the topper would sit.

The fairy was stamped onto colouring card, and coloured using alcohol pens then die cut into an oval. The topper was added to a slightly larger oval cut from lilac card. I added glitter to the fairy's wing and hairband, when everything was dry the topper was attached to the card front using foam pads.

To completed my card I added die cut flowers and leaves plus a sentiment cut from purple glitter card.

Here's What I Used 
Rubber Stamp: Mazarine Butterfly Fairy

Other:  6" x 6" Scalloped Card Blank. Lilac Card, Aqua Card, Neenah Card, Purple Glitter Card, Home Sweet Home Dies (Tonic), Petal Posy Dies (XCut), Branches Dies (The Works), Flower & Leaf Trio (MFT), Gerber Daisy (MFT), Embellishment Dies (Tattered Lace), Copic Pens,  Crystal Glitter, Foam Pads, Colour Cloud Ink (Cosmic Shimmer - Violet Haze), Frosty Sparkle Kiss (Creative Expressions), Promises Paper Pad (LOTV)

Our new challenge #107 started on the 15th June, so why not come and join us. There a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is #Anything Goes'. Here is the link for you, so come on what are you waiting for!

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) 

I'll see you next week with more Whimsy magic ----- TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I utterly LOVE this gorgeous card Janine. That colour combo, the perfectly paired paper, that vellum wrap. Sigh, it's just oh so PERFECT! Your colouring is the bomb and that sweet diecut sentiment, so so sweet. Love, love, LOVE this card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo