Friday 15 June 2018

Craftsulove Design Team - June Card #1

Morning guy 💜

For this post I'm wearing my Craftulove Design Team Hat on...and yes, it's my first post for them ever. How excited am I!!

So for today's card I've used 'Wild For You' stamps from Lawn Fawn, 6" x 6" 'Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot Pastel' Paper Pad from My Favorite Thing (MFT), 'Girl Assortment' matt enamel dots from Doodlebug Designs Inc, and finally Scalloped Circle Layering Dies from Tonic Studios.  The rest of the products I used are from my own stash, unless mentioned below..

I loved working with this stamp set; all the little animals are so cute and they stamp brilliantly. Once stamped they were so easy to colour as there's lots of open space. I teamed the completed scene with some bright green dotty paper from the pad, which have the most gorgeous colours inside. 

All the links to the specific Craftuslove products can be found below, and the link to the general store is here.



 
Here's What I Did
To create my card I covered the front of a scalloped card base with green dotty paper, leaving a white boarder around the edge.

To create the scene - a circle was die cut from colouring card and I worked out how I wanted my layout to be. Next the crocodile was stamped low down in the centre of the circle. The crocodile was then stamped onto scrap paper to create a mask, this was used to cover the croc up on the colouring card. The rest of the characters were then stamped over the top along with the sentiment with the help of my stamping tool. 

I created masks for the rest of the animals and covered everything up, I added blue ink around the characters and along the edge. When all the ink was dry, the masks were removed. Using alcohol pens all the characters were coloured in.

To complete the picture I stamped, coloured and cut out 2 party hats and glued them on the heads of both elephants. The completed topper was attached to a die cut green scalloped circle and added to the card front using foam pads. To finish the card 3 bright pink matt enamel stickers and a little glitter were added to the card front.

Available from Craftsulove
Stamp: Wild For You from Lawn Fawn 
Paper Pad: Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot Pastel Paper Pad from My Favorite Thing (MFT)
Embellishments: 'Girl Assortment' Matt Enamel Stickers from Doodlebug Designs Inc
Dies: Scalloped Circle Layering Dies from Tonic Studios
Ink: 'Tuxedo Black' Memento 
Tools: Misti Stamping Tool

My Own Stash:
6" x 6" Scalloped Card Blank, Green Card, Alcohol Pens, Neenah Colouring Card, Foam Pads,  Circle Die, Crystal Glitter,

Why not, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or on our YouTube Channel we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back on the 30th with a new project/tutorial....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

2 comments:

LucieGCards said...

Oh this is so cute! Love your colouring!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this gorgeous card hun. The zingy apple green is gorgeous! Those wee critters are super cute too. Congrats on the new DT post and what a fab first card! Hugs, Wends xoxo