Monday 17 June 2019

Craft Consortium - Essential Dark Tones Paper Pad

Hi guys 💜

This will be a short post as I'm fighting a throat virus, I've been poorly for almost 2 weeks and it has taken it's toll. Anyhow, I'll move on something much nicer....soooo for today's post I'm sharing my latest card made using another of the wonderful 12" x 12" 'Essential' paper pads from Craft Consortium. The double sided paper in the pads are 180gsm and are a beautiful quality, they die cut brilliantly.

For my card I used 2 of the beautiful papers from the 'Grunge - Dark Tones' paper pad. This pad is wonderfully moody and perfect for masculine, grunge or steam punk type cards, but equally I think they look fabulous when used in a more feminine style, as in my card. As soon as I'm fit and well I will create another card using this pad, and a couple of projects using the 'Tropical Paradise pad' so please check back to see them. 

All the links to the specific Craft Consortium products can be found below, and the link to the general store is here.




Here's What I Did
I completely covered the front of an 7" x 7" card with one of the dark grey papers.

From black card I die cut a fancy edged square along with it's pretty matching ornate frame and added glitter to each of the corners. The frame was glued flat into the centre of the card front.

Using one of the lighter grey papers I die cut 5 flower shapes - 3 large, 1 medium and 1 small, then shaped and inked the edges of each of the petals. The shapes were glued together starting with the largest shapes, then the medium and lastly the small, each layer was slightly offset from the other. A black gem was added in the centre and added to the front of the card along with 2 flourishes die cut from green glitter card. The word 'Believe' and tiny flowers were die cut from the same pale grey paper used for the flower, and added the centre of the black frame.
.
To complete the card, black pearls were added to the card front along with tiny gems in the centres of the flowers.

I used
Paper Pad: Craft Consortium - 12" x 12" The Essential Craft Papers' Paper Pad Collection (used 'Dark Tones' Pad), Always & Forever - Moss Green A4 Non Shed Green Glitter Card 

Dies: Creative Expressions New York Collection 'Union Square' & 'Blossom Patch', Make & Cut 'Believe' Sentiment, Cheery Lynn Designs ' Fanciful Flourish', Tim Holtz/Sizzix 'Tattered Florals'

Other:
7" x 7" White Card Blank, Black Distressing Ink, Glue, Double Sided Tape, Black Crystal Gem, Black Pearls, Mini Crystal Gems

If you purchase any Craft Consortium products could I politely ask that you give feedback on their facebook page or website and let them know what you think.  Please support our Craft suppliers. Thank you. xxx

Why not follow us on Facebook - Craft Consortium Network Craft Consortium Ltd or our our Instagram page. We'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back in the next day or so with  more Craft Consortium samples.....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Emma Goddard said...

Such a pretty card, beautifully created xx