Tuesday 16 April 2019

Craftsulove Design Team - April Card #1

Hi everyone 💜

Today I'm sharing the first of my April Craftulove Design Team cards with you. This month I received a lovely word edger die by Creative Expressions and Metallic paper pad (technically it's mirror/kraft card) by Tim Holtz, which I teamed it up with Julie Hickey's sentiment stamp set and a few distress oxide inks. Anyhow I hope you like my card. x

All the links to the specific Craftuslove products can be found below, and the link to the general store is here.




Here's What I Did
Firstly I trimmed down a piece white card on to 4½" x 7" then applied and blended 3 distress oxide ink - Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Candied Apple. I repeatedly apply and blended the ink until I was happy with the result, then I sprayed and splattered water over the top top activate the ink. I used a paper towel to take off the excess water. When it was dry, I attached it to the card front.

Next I trimmed down some of the beautifully rose coloured mirror card to 4" x 7". I placed the die at the height where there would be plenty of card at the bottom as well as at the top where the cut out would be. and ran it thought my manual die cutting machine. Tip - I found it better to cut the die and card vertically. Once it was cut out I snipped away the 2 side sections so it would release the cut out portion at the top of  the edger.  This was attached to the bottom section of the card front.

Using the same ink blend as before I made a small banner and stamped the word 'mother' onto it in black ink; this was attached to the card front using foam pads. To complete the card I added 3 small gems to the banner.

Available from Craftsulove
Die: Creative Expression - Paper Cuts 'For You' Edger
Paper Pad: Tim Holtz Idea-ology 8"x8" Kraft Stock Cardstock - Metallic Confections
Stamp Set: I Need It - Family Sentiments by Julie Hickey
Distress Oxides: Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Candied Apple

Should you purchase any of the above products, please select  'Design Team'  in the 'where have you seen us' drop down so we know we have inspired you! Thank you x

My Own Stash:
5" x 7" White Scalloped Card Blank, Crafter's Companion Sheena Douglas Stamping Card, Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black, Gems, Foam Pad, Double Sided Tape

Why not, follow us on FacebookPinterestInstagram or on our YouTube Channel we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back towards the end of the month with my usual Craftsulove tutorial and card.....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So incredibly clever Janine. This card is beautiful hunny! I love the mirror card with the beautiful ink work you've done. It's so effective hun. A beautiful diecut too. Very pretty. Hugs, Wends xoxo