Saturday 15 February 2014

Totally Gorjuss - Lovey Dovey - 223

Love is in the air - and I'm all lovey dovey!!

So with that in mind here's my DT card for this week's challenge over at Totally Gorjuss,.The theme this week is LOVEY DOVEY (obviously).  The is actually my hubbie's Valentine's card - he loved it.


Here's What I Did -
The cream card base is an 8 x 8. The red background card was distressed with scissors and distressing ink, this is not my normal style but I thought I'd give it a go.  I cut a piece of Kraft paper into a large banner and partially rolled the end (this was originally the liner paper rolled inside my Xmas paper - I keep everything lol). I threaded some Bakers Twine down the centre and tied it in a knot with a die cut heart button to secure it.  I tore and distressed the edges and added some distressing inks to age it.  The cute cupid was printed out 4 times, coloured with Copics, cut out and layered up. I die cut the letters and hearts which were attached to the card base along with some Candi.  My cute cupid was such a dream to colour in, but a nightmare to cut out....especially his arms and legs. But it was definitely worth it.

Here's What I Used - 
Digi: Make it Crafty 'Whoopsie Cupid'
Cardstock: Cream CS, Red CS, Paper Pad (Can't remember the name - sorry!), Kraft Paper
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, E13, R30, R20 / Hair/Undies/Quiver - R32, R35, R37, R46, R59 / Bow Shaft - E33, E35, E57 / Wings - BG000, BG01, BG05, BG09
Dies: XCut Letter Dies 'Centurion', Die-namics Blueprint Dies 3,
Other: Bakers Twine, Glitter Gel Pens, Scissors, Distressing Ink Pads

So why not come along and visit our blog at Totally Gorjuss and check out what my team buddies have made to inspire you. While you're there don't forget to enter your card/project into our weekly challenge - remember it's LOVEY DOVEY. There's a prize up for grabs and this week's sponsors is Dies To Die For.

I can't wait to visit you and see what you make.

No matter where you are keep safe, dry and warm.

Here's the challenges I entered: 

Janine x

5 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Janine, I am so impressed at your dedication in cutting out the arms & legs of this fella!!

What a fab card, love your distressing. Enjoy your weekend xx

Ali said...

Lol - what a great image and I love your layout and what you did to your Kraft - so simple yet sooo effective xx

dragonllew said...

Janine this is such a fun card I love the image.
Jenny x

cass said...

Fun card, love the details and the design, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

Tracey T said...

This is a fabulously fun image and I love what you've done with the kraft paper. Hugs, Tracey x