Saturday 1 February 2014

Totally Gorjuss Challenge - 221 - Sunny Colours

Hi there, from a cold, wet and windy Middlesbrough here in the UK. Wherever you are I hope you're not suffering too much in this awful weather but if you are, my thoughts are with you.

Now onto something bright and sunny - my DT card for Totally Gorjuss, The theme this week is ANYTHING GOES - SUNNY COLOURS. 


You'll love this one, it was so easy. As you know I love Pan Pastels, well this is a PP background made using yellow, orange with a touch of red. This was then matted and layered onto my black base card along with some deep pink and orange card  I added the die cut/embossed flower boxes and the 2 butterflies along with 3 punched out butterflies. To finished it off I attached 2 little gems to the largest butterfly. Easy!!
 
Here's what I used.
Cardstock: White, Black, Orange, Deep Pink
Dies: Cherry Lyn Designs 'Exotic Butterfly Small', Spellbinders 'Flower Box', Large Butterfly (Magazine Freebie)
Pan Pastel - Yellow Dairylide, Orange, Permanent Red
Other: Gems, Mini Butterfly Punch

So why not come along and visit our blog at Totally Gorjuss and check out what my team buddies have made to inspire you. While you're there don't forget to enter your card/project into our weekly challenge - remember it's ANYTHING GOES - Sunny Colours. There's a prize up for grabs and this week's sponsors is The Ribbon Girl.
 
I can't wait to visit you and see what you make.
 
No matter where you are I hope you have a sunny day whatever the weather.
 
Janine x

5 comments:

dragonllew said...

Great card love the silhouette look you've given your card.
Jenny x

Ali said...

Sorry I'm late commenting just trying to catch up!! Love this style of card you design - just fab xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very beautiful card Janine!

Warm hugs
Maarit

coops said...

oh wow so stunning janine.i love the silhouette design and gorgeous sunset colours :D

xx coops xx

Sara said...

Hi Janine, thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. I love the warm colours you`ve used in this card and the black silhouettes really pop out, just fab, hugs Sara xxx