Saturday 18 January 2014

Totally Gorjuss - 219 -Pearls and/or Lace

Hi there, well here I am again with this week's DT card for Totally Gorjuss.  The theme this week is a pretty one, it's ANYTHING GOES -  PEARLS AND/OR LACE
  

I used a 5 x 5 card base and covered it in a lace patterned paper. The flower, arch (with the Gorjuss girl inside), bow, hearts and scallop edging are all from the Die-namics Blueprint sets 3 and 8. The fab to use and cut like a dream.  All the components were layered up and added to my card front.  I stamped my Gorjuss girl onto watercolour card and used my TM Distressing pens to colour her in.  To add a little extra definition I used my Prisma pencils.  To finish her off I used a little crystal glitter on her ribbons and some liquid pearls on her dress..
 
 
Here's what I used.
Stamps: Gorjuss Girl 'x'
Paper/Card: Craftwork Paper 'Paper Floristry - Sherbet', Pink CS,
Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Pens: Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Wild Honey
Dies: MFT Die-namic - Blueprint 3 and 8 from Funkykits
Other: Candi, Glitter, Distressing Ink Pad 'Worn Lipstick', Liquid Pearl Pen, Prisma Pencils

So why not come along and visit our blog at Totally Gorjuss and check out what my team buddies have made to inspire you. While you're there don't forget to enter your card/project into our weekly challenge - remember it's ANYTHING GOES - PEARL AND/OR LACE. There's a prize up for grabs and this week's sponsors is The Hobby House.
As always I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.
 
Quick PS - I've just entered this into a challenge as encouraged by one of my design teamies:

Janine x

5 comments:

Christine L said...

Pink and perfect Janine... and you just KNOW it belongs in our In The Pink Anything Goes challenge this time!

Hugs
Christine x
http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/its-anything-goes-at-in-pink.html

Ali said...

Another beauty - lovely lay our are your dies new??

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Yep, they are. I bought them with my xmas money. Money well spent me thinks! Thanks for the lovely comments hun. :)

dragonllew said...

Such a pretty and delicate looking card.
Jenny x

coops said...

so gorgeous Janine.adorable gorjuss girl and I love your pretty pink colours and lace ;D

xx coops xx