Saturday 4 September 2021

Lili Of The Valley - Festive Reindeer

 Hello everyone

On my blog today I'm sharing my latest card using a new Lili Of The Valley Christmas digi stamp and sentiments, they're are from a selection of images being released in the next week or so. The stamp I have used today is called 'Festive Reindeer', and I teamed it up with the sentiment 'Happy Christmas'. The reindeers are so cute, I really enjoyed colouring up these little guy. I used masking to add a inky background behind them, then teamed them up with a striped background created by me. The links will be added after the launch has taken place. I hope you like it. x (For Sale - £4.50 + P&P - email me for more info).

For your information, here is the link to the LOTV Etsy Store to check out all the digi stampsand the LOTV online store to check out the rest of their goodies.


Here's What I Did
First I added I created the striped background paper for the card. Using a stripe die set I cut lots of pieces of coloured card - white, deep blue, pale blue, pale green, green and silver glitter card. I glued the strips horizontally onto a piece of thin card to create my design, then die cut the rectangle out on a jaunty angle. The striped paper was glued flat onto the card front. 

Using my graphics software I imported the sweet little reindeer image along with the sentiment, then resized them both to fit my project. The image and sentiment were printed directly onto colouring cardstock and die cut into an oval. The image was printed out again onto masking paper, and fussy cut out leaving a large section beneath the reindeers for the snowy area. I covered over the reindeers and tree etc and added distressing inks to the sky (see the list and order below). When the ink was dry I added stars to the sky with a stencil and white ink to add a little more interest. 

When everything was dry I coloured the image using Copic pens and added snowflakes to the sky with a white pen. The finished picture was mounted onto a silver glittery oval, and funky foam was glued to the back. The complete topper was added to the front of the card. To finish the card I added a little glitter to the baubles, snow and star along with a few pearls. 

You can email me at jsnine.quinn@gmail.com if you require more information about how I created this card. 

Here's What I Used 
Digital  Stamp: Festive Reindeer
Digital  Sentiment: Happy Christmas 

Copics: Reindeer - E31, E33, E35, E50, E51, E53, E57, E59 / Tree - YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67, B99 / Ground - B0000, B000 / Baubles, Tinsel & Star - R14, R29, Y15, Y17, Y38

Other: 5" x 7" White Card Blank, Make It Colour Card, Deep Blue, Pale Blue. Pale Green Card, Silver Glitter Card, White Card, Distress Inks (from bottom to top - Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Black Soot), Stars Starry Night Stencil (Memory Box), Noble Double Pierced Rectangle Die (Creative Expressions), Quick Stripes Die (Mama Elephant), Home Sweet Home Oval Die Set (Tonic), Moonlight White Brilliance Ink, Pearls, White Pen, Glitter, Funky Foam, Masking Paper, Glue, Double Sided Tape

Or why not join us on social media at  'We Love Lili Of the Valley' Facebook Group run by the Design Team, the official Lili Of The Valley Facebook page and on Instagram.  We'd loved to see you.

Please Note - I am part of the Lili Of The Valley's Design Team and I receive their lovely digi images to play with and share with you; I do not receive any monetary reimbursement for my samples, advertisements or my participation. I do, what I do for fun and relaxation. Thank you. x

Thank you so much for dropping by, and please don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back soon with more sneaky peeks of the fabulous new LOTV Spring stamps. TTFN

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

4 comments:

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card .. love the image, beautifully coloured, and the background is fab. I really must try this kind of technique x

Bunny said...

This is fabulous. Love the background and the image. [Bunny]

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Janine such a cute new image and love the background hugs Sue x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I LOVE that paper scraps background, this is SO cool! The colours are gorgeous together and set up that sweet scene so beautifully. I LOVE your beautiful inky sky too, that is utterly delish as the backdrop for those two cuties! Stunning card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo