Thursday 15 November 2018

Whimsy Stamps Inspiration and Challenge #110

Hi everyone 💜

Today is the start of a brand new Whimsy Stamps Challenge #110 over on our facebook page Whimsy Stamps  and Inspiration. The theme as always is 'Anything Goes', so it's really easy and the prize is an amazing $15 gift certificate to send in the store.. This challenge is open until 12th December and you can enter on our facebook page here. To enter simply upload your entry into the folder named November Challenge #110. Your entry MUST include a Whimsy stamp, dies or papers to join in with us. If you aren't already a member of our facebook group, simply press the Join button, we'd so love to see your creations.

Haven't got a Whimsy image......no problems. Whimsy have some freebie images and papers that you can download and play with, here's the link to the digital freebie page. So what are you waiting for?  There are a few do's and don'ts on our Challenge Blog, plus information on where to upload your projects. If you have any problems you can either - leave me a comment here with your email address, or email me, or message me on our facebook page.

Usually the Design Team and myself create a new card/project to inspire you, but this month we are sharing one of our favourites card or stamps from 2018. So myself and all the girls will be adding our cards to the folder over the course of the challenge. So for my card this week and for this challenge I am re-sharing a card I made originally in July. I just love this little digi stamps by the lovely Crissy Armstrong. I was so chuffed with myself when I managed to colour the fireside glow, that I was glowing too. :) I hope you like it...again. x

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.




Here's What I Did
I trimmed a piece of green card to 6½" x 6½" and a piece of navy card to 6¼" x 6¼" and attached them to the card front. Using my graphics software (I used MS PowerPoint) I imported my digital paper, then the sentiment which was recoloured white. The penguin stamp was imported over the top and resized accordingly. This was printed straight onto colouring card and trimmed to 6" x 6".

The penguin stamp was coloured using Copic pens, and then the completed topper was attached to the card front.

Please note - I did remove the white background from the digital stamp in a graphics program first.  However, you could achieve the same look by printing and cutting out the image, then layering it over the top of the printed out paper.

Here's What I Used
New Release Digital Stamp: Penguin Campfire
Digital Paper: Starry Night
Sentiment: Say Cheese

Other: 7" x 7" White Card Blank, Navy Blue Card, Green Card, Copic Pens, Neenah Colouring Card, PowerPoint; Printer, Serif CraftArtist

Copics: Penguin - C1, C3, C5, BV29, W0, W1, Y02, Y08, Y17 / Penguin Glow - Y00, YR00 /  Fire - Y000, Y00, YR07, YR15 / Jacket - YG01, YG03, YG17 / Logs - E31, E33, E35, E37, Y00, Y08, YR00 / Stones - W1, W3, W5, Y00, Y02, YR00 / Marshmallow - RV10, RV28, Y00 / Stick - E33, E37, Y00, Y02

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back in a day or two with more crafty inspiration for you.  Byeeeee!
 
Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

No comments: