Thursday 23 March 2017

My Mum's Craft Shop - Guest Designer Project #2

Hi everyone ---

I'm here this morning with another Guest Designer card for My Mum's Craft Shop (MMCS). For my 2nd card I've chosen one of the new releases stamps from My Favorite Things (MFT), this little cute is called Pure Innocent 'Showering You With Love' and she's available from Kitty's shop. Hope you like it....thanks for looking 💖 (Blogger is having a little fun this morning, so sorry if my text and pics are a bit funny). x

 


 
 
 
Here's What I Did
First I die cut a square (mainly because I'm rubbish at cutting squares lol), then using my Misti I stamped the whole using waterproof ink. Next I painted over the little girl, umbrella and ducks with masking fluid (as an alternative you could create a paper masks).

When the fluid was dry I added distressing inks over the background starting off with my lightest colour finishing off with black. Using a brush I splattered water all over the square, left it for a minute and sponged off the excess with a paper towel. When the background was dry I gently rubbed off the masking fluid and coloured the image in with watercolour pens. I splattered clear glitter pen everywhere including the characters to give a rain effect.

The sentiment was stamped in the top right corner and embossed with white power. Then to finish off the whole scene was added to a black 5" x 5" card blank, and white dots were added to the umbrella and her wellies.

Here's What I Used
Stamps: My Favorite Things (MFT) Pure Innocent 'Showering You With Love'
Paper & Cardstock (CS): Black Card, Crafter's Companion Watercolour Card, Green Glitter Card
Zig Clean Colour Pens: Flesh Color, Orange, Bright Yellow, Yellow, Beige, Pale Green, Light Green, Blue Gray, Light Gray, Persian Blue, Brown, Light Pink,
Other: Foam Tape, Distressing Ink (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Black Soot), Pebeo Masking Fluid, Splatter Brush, White Pen, Spectrum Noir 'Clear Overlay' Glitter Pen, Versamark Ink, White Embossing Powder, Ranger Black Archival Ink, Punched Flower

If you wish to purchase any of the above items from My Mum's Craft Shop and an item is out of stock simply email/ring the shop to make an order. Thank you.

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) 

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x 

3 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so cute

Ali said...

Brilliant!! Love the background too xx

Marilyn said...

Cute card and the background is amazing!