Friday 30 December 2016

Crafter's Companion 'Inspirers' Design Team - Baby Box Project

Hi everyone

Well I'm here today (erm tonight!) to share one of my Crafter's Companion Inspirers Design Team project with you. This one I made a little while ago but didn't get chance to blog...and there will be more like this to follow. The end of November and December is always a really busy time for me, as I have 2 special birthday to create for...my hubbie and daughter. So I'm a bit behind with my blogging. So you'll see quite a few Crafter's Companion projects over the next few weeks --- I hope you like them.


So here's a pop-up box I created in November using Sara's Signature Collection - Little Angel. I adore this collection, the dies cut beautifully and are visually pretty. So if you like them, get them while they're still in stock. 💛



 

Here's What I Did
I used an A4 sheet of blue card to create the box and white card for the embossed panels.

To help you make a box I have designed a few templates using different measurements types for you - click the link here to go to my Box Card Templates.  The instructions are a bit lengthy...sorry, but they do have illustrations. You can open, download and/or save it.

FYI, if you want to make the box height and/flaps slightly larger or smaller just increase or decease the measurements I've given you. Any questions just email me...have fun!

After creating my box I made the panels using white card. I cut the panels to size then embossed them using a pretty dotted clouds embossing folder, then edged each one with blue distressing ink. and glued them in place. Using lemon, blue and white card I die cut lots of baby embellishments, stars and clouds, and attached them all to the struts inside the box using strips of acetate.

The sentiment was stamped and die cut into an oval then matted onto a larger oval which I edged with glitter. The sentiment and a few baby die cuts were added to the side panels. To finish off I attached 2 pearls and a butterfly to the sentiment.

Here's What I Used
Crafter's Companion Products - Sara's Signature 'Little Angels' Collection (Baby Carriage, My First Outfit, Baby Accessories, Dotty Clouds Embossing Folder), Diamond Press 'Clouds', Sheena Douglass White Stamping CardDiamond Press Stamp & Die Set 'Love Today' Stamp & Die Set, Crafter's Companion Sentimentals 'Greetings - Baby Stamps',  Crafter's Companion Acetate

Other: Blue & Lemon Card, Buttons, Pearls, Tumbled Glass Distressing Ink, Gold Pen, Manual Die Cutting Machine

Don't forget....if you want to see more Crafter's Companion creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page - just search for Crafter's Companion UK or USA, and for more magazine inspiration definitely checked out the Crafters' Companion Inspiration Magazine group.

Oh yes...we're also on Twitter, Instagram and have a Pinterest Board, so why not follow us. I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there or if you have any questions about the products - I'd love to hear from you :)

I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

2 comments:

Ali said...

Love this xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Janine
Fabulous card in a box... must try one of those....

Hugs Sylvie xx
Happy New Year xx