Wednesday 30 September 2015

Sugar Nellie - Feed The Birds

- Hello Sugar Fans -
Well I've literally just come back from my fab holiday in Majorca - Puerto Pollenca to be exact. My hubbie and I had a brilliant time relaxing in the sun and of course swimming in the sea. It was just fabulous being able to colour away and whilst listening to my music whilst staring at the ocean...total bliss.  
Anyhoo, it's Wednesday and Sugar Nellie day, and my turn to share a card with you.  So this week I thought I would make something another girly and autumnal for you. This gorgeous 'All Dressed Up' stamp is called 'Feed the Birds' and I thought it had touch of autumn about it - she's available as a digital stamp from Funkykits.  I just think she's so cute and I love the little squirrel, there's more of the 'All Dressed Up' digital stamps available to download in store. 
 
 


Here's What I Did
I used a 6" x 6" scallop card blank and matted it with pretty blue patterned paper. I printed my image directly onto my colouring cardstock and I coloured it with Copic Markers, to add a little background I added various sized dots. I then die cut 2 frames from blue and pink card using several square dies and layered them up on the card base. The coloured topper was inserted inside the frame. 

Using the left over squares from the frames I adhered some doubled sided sticky paper to them and die cut some skeleton leaves. I peeled off the backing paper and added some crystal glitter - these were added to my frames as embellishments.

To finish off I added a few gems and a touch of glitter.
Here's What I Used
Digi Stamp: 'Feed The Birds' All Dressed Up digital stamp available from Sugar Nellie at Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Craftwork Super Smooth Digital CS, Topsy Turvy CS, Double Sided
Adhesive Paper, LOTV 'Promises - Solid'
Copics: Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, E02 / Dress, Hat & Tree - R81, R85, RV34 / Buttons, Mittens, Squirrel, Bird & Leaves - B0000, B00, B02, B45, BV29 / Hair - C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, 100
Dies: Tonic Square Layering Dies, Tattered Lace 'Embellishments'
Other: Glitter, Gems

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

Why not join in with the challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 
I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:
All Dressed Up - September (Challenge #41)
 
Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

10 comments:

Ali said...

Love the colour combo - sounds like a fab holiday has been had xxx

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card x

Christine L said...

Loving the pink on this fabulous card of course Janine... and also how you've framed the image! Pink and blue go so well together..

Glad to hear you had a lovely time... I've missed you!

Big hugs
Christine x

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Janine, love the colour combination and the pretty background. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at All Dressed Up. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Erum Tasneem said...

your card just blew me away!!! I absolutely love it and LOOK at that cap!! LOVE it!
Erum
All Dressed Up DT

AndreaNorris said...

Wow that hat looks amazing! Love your colour scheme and layout
Andrea x
All Dressed Up DT

Beckie Williams said...

This is so pretty. Your colors are just wonderful.

Vannessa said...

This is just gorgeous and I love the colour combo! Thanks for joining in the All Dressed Up Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
All Dressed Up DT

Kat W said...

That sounds like a wonderfully relaxing holiday; I'm glad you had a lovely time.

Your card is really pretty, the colour combo is gorgeous and I love the way you created a frame for your image :-)

Big hugs Kat xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love the gorgeous pink and blue combo, even the little squirrel is blue! Such a cool idea and looks fabulous. Love the sparkly touches too. Hugs, Wends x