Sunday 15 March 2015

Happy Mother's Day (UK)

Good morning to you all.
 
I want to wish my mum and all the mum's out there a very
 
Happy Mother's Day

I thought I would share the card I made for my mum and then the beautiful flowers I received from my daughter yesterday by Interflora.

I'm actually writing this post on Saturday night ready for Sunday morning (15th) so my mum won't see her card; then when I open my card from my daughter I'll share that with you too. Unfortunately my daughter can't be with me today (so I'm spending Mother's Day totally on my own --- sob!!) as she works in London and it's too far for her to travel home just for one day - I'll miss her loads. But I'm sure we'll have a chat or something during the day.

Anyhow here's the card I've made for my mum (I hope she likes it) ----

 

 
How I Did It
The plant pot, patterned paper mat and insert were all created and cut out using my Silhouette machine. I added a fancy punched out panel to the top of the plant pot at the front and back, making made the one at the front much taller so I could add my flowers and leaves onto it.
 
 Apart from the 3 felt roses all the flowers and leaves were die cut, then inked around the edges and glued onto the card along with a tag. To finish off I added a few die cut hearts and a sprinkling of sequins to both the front, and on the inside.
 
What I Used
Cardstock (CS): Trimcraft 'What A Hoot' Paper Pad, Green, Brown, Pink, White, Blue, Cream CS, Glitter CS
Dies: MFT 'Blueprint '3 and 14', Spellbinders 'Rose Creation', Xcut 'Glorious Gerber' and 'Petal Posy', MFT 'Gerber Daisy', Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Hearts',  Tattered Lace 'Embellishments', Creative Expressions 'Camellia Complete Petals', Magazine Freebie 'Tag',
Other: Silhouette Machine, Martha Stewart Punch, Distressing Inks, Sequins, Gems, Felt Roses, CraftArtist 2
 
My Flowers
And here are the flowers my gorgeous girl sent me for Mummy's Day - they're filled with my favourites - Freesias, Roses and Lavender. They smell divine!!!
 
 
My Card
 
(when I open it!)
 
 
I hope you all have a fabulous day!!!
 
Hugs
 
Janine
xxx
 
 


8 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

What a gorgeous Mother's day card, love the design and beautiful flowers. Pretty flowers from your daughter. Have a lovely day! x

Marilyn said...

Fab-U-Lous and Gor-Geous!

Sandra H said...

So beautiful and creative are your projects as always your so talented x

Ali said...

A great card - I bet your mum loved it xxx

Kat W said...

What a stunning bouquet of flowers...both of them, the real ones and your card!

The colours in your card design are so pretty and those sparkly centres are lush...plus those flowers will last forever!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Squirrel x said...

How could your mum NOT like her card hun, it is AWESOME! Wow, I absolutely love it. Tell mum she can send it to me when she has finished with it. Hugs xx

Christine L said...

Wow Janine.... this card is GORGEOUS!! I'm certainly going to have to try one of those! And I'm positive your Mum will have loved it.

Beautiful flowers from Heather... such a shame you had to spend Mother's Day on your own, but I'm sure you had a lovely natter with her.

Big hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so stunning janine.really fabulous design and shape and i love all the gorgeous pretty flowers ;D

xx coops xx