Saturday 1 November 2014

Sweet Stampin' - Shaped Card

Good morning to you all.

Well, it's here again ---- it's Sweet Stampin' time and the theme this week is Shaped Card.  I had such a fab time making my card this week and there was no colouring required - just stamping and cutting out. I just love this owl it's such a cutie - and even better it was a magazine freebie. There's another owl in the set so I might have a go at making a boy owl next time a suitable challenge comes up....so watch this space.

 
 

Here's What I did
I made my card base by folding a piece of card in half, then placing my scalloped circle die slight over the folded edge and then die cutting it. Because I don't like to see the flat fold edge of the card, I die cut another single scalloped circle and I glue it over the top of front of the card.  I die cut 2 circle mats one from Kraft card, and the other from coloured card on which I stamped my base image; both mats were then attached them to the card front.  To add a little detail I penned faux stitching around the edge of the coloured mat. The owl and branch were stamped several times onto different coloured cardstock all from the same pad, I then cut out the sections I wanted, and glued them in place on the base image. To finish off I added die cut clouds, glossy accents to her eyes and punched out stars.  If you find the information about how I made my card base confusing, leave me a comment and I post pictures of how I did it.

Here's everything I used:
Stamp: Woodware 'Owls' - Crafting Magazine Feebie
Paper/Cardstock (CS): White CS, Kraft CS, Trimcraft 'What A Hoot' Paper Pad
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities 'Scallop Circle', Tonic Layering Dies 'Circle', Joy! 'Clouds'
Other: Black Fineliner Pen, Glossy Accents, Distressing Ink

So why not drop by the Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog and check out what my fab Design Team girlies have made to inspire you. So come on why not join in with the fun and enter your card/project into our 'Shaped Card' challenge we'd love to see you. REMEMBER you must include a stamped element on your card!

This week's sponsor and prize is Crafts U Love.

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Challenges entered: 

Hugs

Janine x

7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love love LOVE this! What a cute owl and cute card!

Christine L said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one Janine.... of course, the pink MAY have a little bit to do with it.. hehe! But thats a fab image and you've designed the card around it so well!

Hugs
Christine x

mixamatoasties said...

That's a cute owl!

xx

Ali said...

Great card!!! I dug my stamp out the other day but it's still looking at me!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Too cute Janine. Love that patchwork owl. Woodware? I think I have him somewhere. Must sort my stamps out! LOL. Love the scalloped round, looks fab and the pretty papers too. Hugs, Wends x

Juls said...

Loving that patchwork owl & the pink & kraft together is just lush :-) xx

Beckie Williams said...

Just so super cute and girly! I love it