Saturday 14 December 2013

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Card - Last Minute Christmas

Hello everyone and welcome, today it's my turn to create my Design Team card for Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog. The theme this week is LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS and  remember your card/project must have a stamped element on it. We hold a weekly challenge with a fantastic prize plus a monthly prize draw for everyone who enters a card/project throughout the month. 

My DT card this week was made for my hubbie a day before he went back on the rigs in the North Sea - basically I erm, forgot! I thought I had loads of time but I didn't hence the last minute bit.  So my contribution this is was apt.  Hope you like, I know he did.  It's a 8 x 8 card so the digi stamp on it is really large so it looks fab. I used a simple background to keep it simple.  The digi was printed 3 times, coloured with Copics, cut out and layered up.  The base layer included the sentiment and his hand. I finished it off with a tag die and some holly.


 Here's what I used:
Digi Stamp: Make It Crafty 'Cheery - Santa'
Cardstock: Kraft Card, Red CS, First Edition 'Nordic Christmas', Velvet CS (for markers)
Dies: Spellbinder 'Scallop' Border, Sizzix 'Tag', Memory Box 'Mini Holly'
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30, R20 / Fur - W-0, W-1, Tongue - R20, R22, R30 / Jacket & Hat - R17, R22, R27, R37, R59 / Belt Buckle - Y00, Y17, Y35 / Belt, Buttons & Boots - C-1, C-2, C-3, C-5, C-7
Other: Tumbled Glass and Tea Dye Distressing Inks

So why not drop by Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog and check out what my fabulous Design Teamies have created to inspire you, and while you're there why not enter your card or project into the challenge. This week's sponsor and prize of a £10 voucher is from Cuddly Buddly and the monthly draw sponsor is The Ribbon Girl.

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Update: I have entered this into the following challenges: 

Hugs

Janine x

5 comments:

Ali said...

Having a quick break from the housework - this is great - such a fab image xxx

mixamatoasties said...

I love this! Fab image and a fab card.

Susan

PS - I bought a card for Andy :/

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a great card, sweet Santa. Thanks for joining us at Created with love Challenges.
Linda K. Dt.

coops said...

this is brilliant Janine.i love your fun santa nd fantastic colouring :D

xx coops xx

Natali said...

Amazing card!! Make me smile ))
Hugs,
Natali