Sunday 22 January 2012

Some New Cards

Afternoon everyone
I've just finished tweaking my header using Serif CraftArtist (which I love, love, love!), it now looks so much better.

Anyway here are a few cards I made recently as promised, I hope you like them.  Both cards were made using digi kits.

Buttercup Fairy



The cute little girl, embelishments and background paper is from a really old digi kit from Cuddly Buddly called 'Buttercup Fairy', no doubt you'll probably still be able to buy her.  I printed the image and text onto my white background base card. Then I printed another 4 of the images onto another piece of card and cut out different sections of them, so I could layer them up to give her dimension - she was so easy to cut out. I used pinflair glue to layer her up, and finally I added glitter. The background cbase ard was cut at the top and bottom using my Grand Calibur and a Edgeabilities die.

The Big Red Bus

Here's the next card, I made it for a little boy who just loves buses especially red ones.


Made from a great digi kit called 'Cool Britannia' from The Lilypad (.http://www.the-lilypad.com)
I used Serif's CraftArtist to create this card.  The background and bus banner was made from bits of other digi kits and a little digital drawing/writing from me. Again this was printed off a few times and cut out.  I add a piece of acetate behind the cut out windows (sorry my photo's not very good!) for a bit of realism.  I used foam pads this time for dimension (mainly because I hate using glue...because I make such a mess...lol).

Hope you like them.

Janine XX

Footnote:  Annabel and Joseph loved their cards...particularly Joseph who couldn't stop talking about his big red bus LOL :)

2 comments:

CraftyC said...

They are beautiful cards. Love the bus!
Clairexx

coops said...

stunning cards janine.the images are fab and i love your designs :D

xx coops xx